Friday, June 3, 2011

30 rides/30 days

To anyone who rides I realize this has pretty much of a "so what" quality to it. I got the idea two days ago on a ride which happened to be on June 1st. Could I get a ride in on every day in June? For me it becomes a bit more of a challenge considering last year from Apr '10 thru Mar '11 I can only recall riding once and that was late in the summer. It didn't go well. Early spring was crappy, cold and wet, so I didn't get out more than a handful of times. Lastly of course, I'm almost 6 months out from the second ablation (mid-December). Everything has been great to this point. Time to put it to the test. Modestly obviously. The rules are simple, in order to qualify, a ride has to be at least 10 miles. I figure most will be in 15-20 mile range, but I set it low thinking that on days when the weather is shit I could still get out and do a ride that counts. Not to get too caught up in numbers, but 500 mile for the month would be good. Also this last year added 7-8 pounds to my frame. I'm starting around 186#. Any change there would be a bonus.

My other goal was to get back to the blog and catch it up a bit. Work (or lack thereof), the aforementioned 2nd ablation, and some other stuff that nobody cares about but me.

No comments: