Wednesday, June 8, 2011

End of 1st week

June 5th-Forest Park loop. Clockwise. Tower Grove to park, Clayton-Chouteau-39th home. 13.7mi.

June 6th-UT Pl laps x15. 12.3mi.

June 7th- UT Pl, Flora, TGP with Em. 11.4mi.

Ride Notes. Weather, as predicted, taking a toll on the effort. Em did better on her 2nd ride and was enthusiastic about riding. If I added correctly that's just a hair under 100mi for the week, so 400 for the month is more realistic. By comparison, my commutes to work were 56mi per 7 days, so I'm very much OK with the adjusted numbers.

A few notes about my more restrained effort on the bike compared to pre 2010. I'm not pushing anything. With a tailwind or downhill, I'm taking it easy. No more balls-to-the-wall stuff, staying as far out of the red zone as possible. Really didn't serve me well in the long run. Climbing in an easy gear and spinning. I've decided time is on my side.

No comments: